Monday, February 1, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies



I made these chocolate chip cookies 2 weeks ago and am just now getting around to posting them. I went to Miami for a week before starting my new job, and since Chlo was kind enough to take care of Monster for me while I was gone, I told her to pick out something for me to bake and leave for her while I was gone. Chlo chose chocolate chip cookies, except she wanted them to be like her mom's, which meant the bottoms burnt. I've never had her mom's cookies, so I didn't really have anything to compare to, and probably should have gotten in touch with her to get her actual recipe. I tried my hardest to burn them, but burning cookies is like wearing a new pair of shoes in the rain, to me it should be avoided at all cost. The first batch I got a few to burn, but for the second I just couldn't do it. Also my cookies were nice and round, and i'm pretty sure her mom's are flat. So I failed at giving Chlo her Mom's cookies, but the cookies themselves turned out wonderful. I used a recipe from my baking class at ICE (The Institute of Culinary Education, in NYC), which I myself did not make during that class, but other classmates did and they were awesome, so I decided that this would be a good recipe to start from. Oh and also Chlo told me her mom's cookies were buttery, so I went for a recipe that had a lot of butter in it, this recipe has 2 sticks were as a lot I looked at only had 1 stick.



Chocolate Chip Cookies - Nick Malgieri's Baking Classes

For successful cookies, do not over beat the dough during mixing.

2 sticks soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces (1 large bag) chocolate chips

Beat butter with sugars to mix, then beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
Mix flour and baking soda together and stir into butter mixture, then stir in chocolate chips.
Pipe batter on paper-lined pans 1" mounds, leaving room for cookies to spread. (I used a cookie scoop and didn't line my pans).
Bake at 375 degrees about 15 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment