Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Bars - fall is here!

Recently my friend Kelly had an all girls sleepover party that turned into really just a dinner party with way too much wine! This dinner party gave me a chance to finally make my mom's pumpkin bars that i've been dying to make all fall. Now I'm pretty sure my mother would have used real pumpkin from left over jack o lanterns, but not me...I used the good old fashion can of pumpkin. Can pumpkin is just fine by me, and a whole lot easier then cutting up a giant pumpkin, de-skinning it and boiling it.



Pumpkin Bars - Cyndie Medin

4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can 15 oz pumpkin
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix together the eggs, vegetable oil, pumpkin and 2 cups of sugar.
Mix in the remaining ingrediants and mix well. Place batter in greased and floured 9 x 13 pan, bake for 25-30 min.
**My bars took almost 40 min to cook all the way through**

Frosting:
6 oz regular cream cheese
3/4 stick of butter
1 tablespoon of cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powder sugar

Mix together until creamy & frost bars.
**I waited until my bars were completely cool to make the frosting and frost the bars**







Sorry for the bad quality of photos - my camera has died since, and this is my sign I need a new camera. I was in denial previously.

2 comments: